The Esports Manager will be a key member of the marketing team, taking part in developing, implementing, executing and reporting on AS Roma Esports competitive strategy and tactics.
This role works closely with internal cross-functional business teams, brand, development/studio, media, marketing and commercial teams as well as our external partners to ensure the success of the strategy across a wide range of gaming titles. The successful applicant will be motivated, ambitious and have the ability to lead the relationship between the club and the teams, players and agencies involved.
The Esports Manager will deliver engaging online and offline events as well as program marketing in order to support further community growth and activity.
- Develop close relationships with a variety of functions throughout the business – including Comms & PR, Media, Content, Marketing, Strategy and Business Operations
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all AS Roma Esports players is essential, as you will help manage the day-to-day operations of all players and teams
- Manage and develop team members, own tasks and tackle problems as part of a team, and apply creative solutions to grow AS Roma Esports
- Set up and then oversee the creation of new AS Roma Esports teams internationally across a wide range of titles
- Analyzing rapidly growing and evolving esports landscape, focusing on partnership opportunities that will support the growth of AS Roma Esports
- Lead with the marketing team for campaign planning and management
- Ensure competitive intelligence
- Enrich and update the existing database of Esports talent and influencers
- Be the point of contact for Esports influencers needed for club development
- Monitor and analyse the data of the structure, take stock of promotional actions and suggest areas for development
- Advise and assist other business functions in all media production relating to AS Roma Esports
- Work with AS Roma producers, talents and existing social media team members to help produce content for multiple platforms, including Twitch, for club and players
- Advice and support partnership sales and ideation teams on commercial partnership acquisition
- Responsible for revenue target
- Understanding of financial analysis, budgeting processes and revenue projections
- Overall be able to continuously analyze the rapidly evolving esports landscape, focusing on deal and partnership opportunities that will support the growth of esports
- Facilitate the network of partners and sponsors of the Esport Club and ensure the successful completion of activation campaigns
- Be a digital native with at least 5-7 years of experience in the esports industry
- Organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Be an individual with a detailed understanding of the core markets and a good understanding of the ancillary markets and how they interact
- Maintain awareness of industry-related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage and improve our programs
- Knowledge of Twitch dynamics or experience in format/content management
- Experienced in developing and executing growth strategies
- Be able to talk with numbers and prepare presentations with analysis to influence management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the company
- Having existing professional relationships with tournament operators/organizers, game publishers and esports data rights holders
- Fluent in English and Italian (additional language proficiency is a plus)
Are you interested? Send your resume!
If we do not contact you within 15 days, please consider the job search closed.