AS Roma is looking for a talented content creator with proven experience across one or more social media platforms to join the club’s award-winning Digital Media team in Rome.
The successful applicant will manage the club’s output on one specific social media account, overseeing both the creation and the posting of media to that platform, while also taking a leading role in the planning and execution of a content calendar that follows the department’s wider business objectives.
Alongside this, the Social Media Platform Specialist will be expected to assist with the production and publication of content across other social media platforms. This role will contribute within the many other aspects the department is involved with and will offer the right candidate an opportunity to have a huge influence in how the club communicates and engages with its supporters both in Rome and across the world, also implementing a new series of best practices in an ever-changing and evolving social media landscape.
- Overseeing one of the club’s primary social media accounts – from the creation of content to its eventual publication.
- Coming up with a regular content calendar for internal reference .
- Contributing to the creation of graphic and video elements for social use.
- Collaborating with designers, video editors, photographers and producers on additional visual, audio and video content.
- Contributing creative ideas for engaging multi-platform content that will inform and entertain fans.
- Assisting the rest of the social media team on matchdays across all platforms.
- Analysing trends and statistics related to social media platforms, both for internal use and to drive new content ideas and methodologies.
- Liaising with all departments at the club to help meet their various needs.
Are you interested? Send your resume!
- The successful applicant has a demonstrable professional experience as a social media platform manager, preferably for a sports team or brand, and has a proven track record of implementing a strong, successful social media strategy, with a sophisticated understanding of the values and qualities required when controlling the brand ‘voice’. They will have a demonstrable and sophisticated understanding of Instagram, Instagram stories and the best practices for all aspects related to them.
- A background in media creation, involving both picture and video elements, is also highly desirable. You will be confident in your graphic design skills and be proficient across a range of video and image editing software.
- Alongside these core skills, demonstrable evidence of specific expertise in one or more relevant areas – from women’s football coverage to SEO optimisation, to partner-led branded content delivery – may help a candidate stand out.
- While a large part of this role will involve collaborating with others as part of a close-knit team, day-to-day tasks will also often require the individual to take the initiative and be proactive in a number of ways: any prospective candidate will be expected to demonstrate occasions in which they have shown both qualities.
- This role will require the successful applicant to work in both English and Italian – fluency in at least one of those languages is a must. A strong understanding of the other language, ideally with demonstrable evidence you have used it before in a working environment, should also be considered a requirement.
- Ability to speak or understand further languages (Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish etc.) is a plus.
- A high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrable knowledge of football and the football social media environment.
- A solid understanding of Roma and its men’s, women’s and youth teams.
- An ability to work within a team structure and a desire to learn new skills.
- Prior experience working with content management systems would be helpful.
- A demonstrable ability to operate against tight deadlines and under pressure, without compromising quality.
- A willingness to work flexible and travel may also be necessary (weekend and evening work – in line with the customary football timetable - will be required).
- This role will primarily be based at the club’s training ground at Trigoria, so a full and clean driving licence is thus highly recommended.
If we do not contact you within 15 days, please consider the job search closed.